Archangelos Michail Convent

EXCURSIONS / Religious Monuments / Nicosia / Archangelos Michail Convent
Dating to the Byzantine period, the church was founded by Archbishop Nikiforos whose tomb can be seen in the narthex.

Rebuilding was carried out in 1636 and in 1713 when it was acquired by Kykkos Monastery. The iconostasis dates back to 1650 and there is a 1785 fresco of Archangelos Michail. Situated off the Lefkosia -Anthoupolis road, some 10 minutes drive from Lefkosia (Nicosia), the church now houses the Kykkos Monastery Research Centre.


Address: Lefkosia
Operating Period: All year round

 

Σχετικά Άρθρα


Athalassa Botanical Garden

In case you didn't know, the Dasovotanikos garden Athalassa, was designed and installed by the Research branch of the...


Museum on the History of Cypriot...

Located in Lefkosia (Nicosia), the exhibition traces the development of Cypriot coinage from the first coins issued during...


Kalopanagiotis - Oikos Villages ...

Passing through private land with vineyards and fruit trees, the trail reaches Kykkos water mill on the banks of Setrachou...