This is the church of the Latin community in Larnaca. Franciscan monk Callixte Martel founded the church and the convent in 1596 mainly for hosting Latin pilgrims to the Holy Land. In 1724, another bigger church and convent replaced the first, but demolished again in 1842 to be replaced by the present church structure.
The convent is also known as Santa Maria delle Grazie and its Latin style is one of the best in Cyprus with renaissance and baroque characteristics. It is on Apostle Mathieu Street, at a short distance from Chrysopolitissa church. The Terra Santa church and its Catholic nuns of Italian origin have a long tradition of philanthropic services to the community of the town. They are now running a home for the elderly built at the place of the 19th centuryconvent in 1970.
Τel: +357 24 642 858, Fax: +357 24 636 953